1 c grits, locally milled
milk (according to package directions)
½ c butter, cut into chunks
5.8 oz container boursin cheese (garlic & fine herbs)
1 t salt
¼ t cayenne pepper
½ c liquid egg whites
½ cup milk
1 T finely chopped fresh basil or parsley
1. Cook grits in milk according to package directions, remove from heat.
2. Stir butter, boursin cheese, salt, & red pepper into grits.
3. In separate container, vigorously beat eggs & egg whites, then stir in ½ c milk.
4. Add milk & egg mixture into grits & blend.
5. Pour into greased soufflé or baking dish.
6. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes, until just set.
7. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs.