6 salmon fillets
2 c apple cider
1 lg sweet onion, cut ½” slices
1 red apple (firm), diced
4 garlic cloves, slightly smashed
2 T soy sauce
5 lg fresh sage leaves
2 T olive oil
1. Place salmon in baking dish, top with all other ingredients, except olive oil.
2. Cover & refrigerate 8 hours.
3. Remove fish from marinade, blot dry.
4. Strain & reserve liquid, apples & onions. Discard garlic & sage.
5. Heat olive oil in large skillet, season salmon with s&p, cook few fillets at time, 3 to 4 mins per side.
6. Keep cooked salmon warm in very low oven, or on platter tented with foil
7. Sauté apples & onions in the same skillet for 2 to 3 mins, add 1 c of the reserved marinade, bring to a boil & season with s&p.
8. Arrange salmon on platter & top with cooked apple & onion sauce.
9. Garnish with fresh sage sprigs & sliced fresh apple.