2 tbsp oil, vegetable
2 cups onion, fine diced ¼”
1 cups green bell pepper, fine diced ¼”
3 cups white rice, parcooked, chilled beans, red kidney, drained & rinsed
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp salt, kosher
2 tsp pepper, black, ground
1 cup plantain, sliced
2 each avocado, peeled, sliced
1. This dish is best when rice is undercooked, and chilled overnight or at least 2-4 hrs.
2. Over medium heat, sauté onion and green pepper in oil until they start to brown. Turn the heat to high and add rice. Fry for a minute before adding beans and 1 cup of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-12 mins. If mixture becomes too dry, add more broth by the tablespoon, using second cup of vegetable broth.
3. Add season with salt and pepper
4. Fry or bake plantains until they are golden brown, 2-4 mins.
5. Serve beans and rice with 1-2 pieces of plantain and 1⁄4 of an avocado per portion.